Director of Digital & eCommerce:
We are a crew of insiders, outsiders, dreamers and doers, looking to make a positive impact on the world! We are seeking an ambitious, fun, capable human to join our merry band of free spirits.
The Director, Digital & e-Commerce will be wholly responsible for the development of The Free Spirits Company’s digital and e-Commerce strategy, programs, implementation, and measurement with a focus on driving revenue, brand leadership, market share and sales value for The Free Spirits Company’s portfolio of brands in North America.
- Assess the digital marketplace and The Free Spirits Company’s relative position; define group best practice guidelines; develop & execute a go-to-market strategy to build Free Spirits’ brand and digital leadership in North America
- Establish e-Commerce/digital programming strategy & executional playbook
- Leverage existing FS brand expertise and build the competencies and know-how to deliver on the plans developed
- Develop and implement e-Commerce sales and marketing initiatives to drive sales and profitability with partner retailers and distribution channels, using digital commerce touchpoints, including: retailer, delivery service, direct to client (where legal), distributor platforms, etc.
- Bring together and manage best in world team of digital/eCommerce and Agency professionals
- Own and constantly improve our paid acquisition performance, SEO, customer retention/e-mail programs
- Resident expert for e-commerce at The Free Spirits Company-presenting best practices, latest trends and strategic insights to leadership
- Understanding the competitive landscape of e-Commerce platforms, marketing developments, competitor activities and developing strategic/defensive responses
- Identify and leverage emerging digital technologies and trends to constantly keep The Free Spirits Company in a leadership position
- Build and lead the joint business planning with digital commerce partners incorporating and synthesizing existing brand programs into a cohesive Free Spirits strategy
- Ecomm website (Shopify) content management and trading from product, inventory, sales/promotions, blogs, recipe content, merchandising, factoring in recipe changes, expiring products into the marketing mix
- Local digital marketing strategies, promotional calendar
- Data Acquisition Partnerships/competitions
- eMail Marketing (Omnisend/Klaviyo)
- Social community engagement
- Affiliate marketing
- Tie together, incorporate and institutionalize the various brand e-commerce efforts across The Free Spirits Company
- Training/Educating Trade Marketing and Sales teams on how to uncover e-commerce opportunities
- Developing sales collateral and other selling tools (strategy decks, program decks, etc.) to aid with e-Commerce account penetration
- Expected to be agile & thrive in an environment where the best results will come through cooperation across the organization and working with cross functional teams (marketing, sales, product dev, supply chain…)
- Work with marketing and other stakeholders to ensure a seamless consumer experience
- Work/Collaborate with Brand/Marketing Teams to identify content needs to facilitate programs with key retailers and other e-Commerce platforms including retailers, delivery services, distributors, etc.
- Work/Collaborate with Brand Teams to ensure all visual merchandising is up to date across the digital commerce landscape
- Develop metrics with internal partners by which to measure success
- Competitive brand tracking focused on e-Commerce
- Responsible for e-commerce competitive analysis
- Track and measure E-Commerce program effectiveness and make course corrections as necessary
- Deliver regular updates to Leadership and Brand teams on e-Commerce initiatives, wins, key learnings, competition, business environment, etc.
- Lead all social, paid and influencer marketing online
- Requires a minimum 7-10 years of e-Commerce-ideally including digital marketing experience
- Ideally 7 - 10 years digital marketing experience
- CPG experience preferred
- Working in a cross functional capacity with all internal customer teams – Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Consumer Insights, Business Intelligence, Media, etc.
- Experience with creating sales value via on-line and e-Commerce strategies and tools
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for e-Commerce technology, consumer platforms, and analytics
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Strong relationship builder who can understand client, brand, distributor and trade/retailer strategy
- Ability to lead and implement all the necessary steps required to launch digital commerce programs with distributors, retailers or other on-line sales outlets
- Results oriented, self-starter and entrepreneurial. Will have demonstrated the ability to think big, act small and move fast
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Strong Consumer Orientation
- Takes the job – but not themselves – very seriously and enjoys/excels in a collegial, casual environment with big ambitions
- Experience with Shopify, Facebook/IG, Google/TY, Amazon, GA, Segments and a diverse tech stack to help deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Prefer CPG, Product/Beverage, Agency and/or e-retail platform Drizly, Amazon, Jet.com, etc. experience
- Luxury goods (clothing, accessories, cosmetics, etc.) and Beverage Alcohol industry a plus