Our zero-proof bourbon loves oranges and cranberries, and what better way to enjoy them together than in a punch! It makes the perfect centerpiece for that big gathering around the thanksgiving table.
Cranberry Tea Punch (Non-Alcoholic)
The Free Spirits Company
Our zero-proof bourbon loves oranges and cranberries, and what better way to enjoy them together than in a punch!It makes the perfect centerpiece for that big gathering around the thanksgiving table.
- 2 ¼ cups The Spirit of Bourbon
2 cups of chilled strong brewed oolong tea*
1 ½ cups cranberry syrup**
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 4 tbsp of All The Bitter Aromatic Bitters
½ cup of fresh cranberries
6 orange wheels
- 2 cups water
- 6 oolong tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cups water
- ½ cup cranberries
*Strong Brewed Oolong Tea
Combine all ingredients (except garnish) in a large bowl and stir to mix
- You can make the cocktail batch a day or 2 ahead of time and refrigerate in sealed bottles.
On turkey day bring out the punch bowl, pour in the punch and create a flotilla of orange wheels, fresh cranberries, and large ice cubes.
*Brew the tea
- In a small pan bring water to a simmer (175 degrees)
- Add the tea bags and cover. Leave to steep for 8 hours.
- If time is of the essence a strong bottled iced tea would also fit the bill.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the cranberries begin to pop, turn off the heat and squash them against the side of the pan.
- Let them cool to room temp then strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a resealable container (keep the cooked fruit for putting on your morning yogurt).
- The syrup will keep up to a week in the fridge.