The Well Dressed Zombie (Non-Alcoholic)
The Free Spirits Company
The Zombie! A classic tiki drink that packs a serious punch in its full-proof form - a couple of these might even turn you into an extra from ‘The Walking Dead’. But fear not, this beast of a cocktail has been tamed for our Free Spirits halloween dress-up with The Spirit of Bourbon and The Spirit of Tequila in the same tiki inspired costume.
- Add and dry shake all the ingredients in cocktail shaker
- Pour over crushed ice into your favorite tiki mug or any chimney glass.
- Garnish heavily with mint.
*Don's mix is a blend of 1 part cinnamon syrup** and 2 parts fresh grapefruit juice.
**Cinnamon Syrup: You’ll need 3 sticks of cinnamon crushed, 1 cup water, and 1 cup sugar.
Heat everything together until boiling. Remove from heat and let steep and infuse for 6 hours.
***Homemade Grenadine is simple to make. Here’s a quick and easy recipe which will leave you plenty left in reserve to use it to add fall colors to your zero-proof Palomas and give a festive sweetness to Old Fashioneds.
- Take 2⁄3 cup of POM juice, 1⁄2 cup of sugar and the peels of one orange.
- Add the juice and sugar to a small saucepan, heat and dissolve the sugar.
- Let the resulting syrup cool
- Express the orange peel over the syrup.
****There are store bought alternatives for those who are thirsty now!